IRA Charitable Distribution
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help McPherson College students. If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable distribution is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable distribution
- Avoid paying income taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to McPherson College
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Help further the work and mission of McPherson College
How an IRA charitable distribution gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to McPherson College to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable distribution gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable distribution gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.